There are so many reasons to study in Northern Cyprus. We have taken the time to come up with some of the great reasons why you may choose Northern Cyprus.
Students could find part-time jobs while studying such as in bars, cafes, restaurants, shops, or even in their universities. After they graduate, they could find full-time jobs in Hotels, Banks, and international companies if they have a good knowledge of Turkish and English.
North Cyprus is currently in need of more lawyers, real estate experts, agents, marketers, and business investors. The recent discovery of petrol and oil on the coastline of the island has spurred the need for more working hands as well. The economy still runs on a free market structure and there is a need for a more delineated structure between the private and government sectors. Therefore, it seems like more and more international graduates will be looking to stay and work in North Cyprus after they complete their studies.
There are also scholarship opportunities especially if you come through the right agent.
Things to know before traveling:
- Make sure you have your unconditional offer letter from your University along with scans of your passport, your air ticket, and an invitation letter for the accompanying person if there is a family member coming with you to Cyprus.
- Sheets, pillows, and blankets are not provided by the university dormitories; you can either bring them with you or buy them from local supermarkets.
- It is not compulsory to have travel insurance in North Cyprus; however, for your own comfort and security, you are advised to take out insurance cover in your own country prior to departure. Medical insurance for you will be provided by your university once you register for your course.
- It is advised to have minimum of 6 passport-size photographs with you as they will be necessary for your registration.
- Make sure your flight is conducted via Turkey to Ercan Airport, North Cyprus (ECN).
- Check from the nearest Turkish Embassy if the transit visa is necessary or not as you will be traveling as a transit passenger via Istanbul, Turkey.
- Plug sockets in Northern Cyprus are usually 3-pin (UK style); you may wish to bring with you a 3-pin to 2-pin travel adaptor, therefore.
- The currency in Northern Cyprus is the Turkish lira; dollars, euros, and UK pounds are widely accepted and easily exchanged.
- Soap, shampoo, and toothpaste are not supplied in the dorms; you can bring such items with you, or purchase them locally if you prefer.
- You can easily get pay-as-you-go SIM cards from local mobile providers upon arrival at North Cyprus Ercan Airport; both Wi-Fi and 3G are available.
How to get a scholarship?
Scholarships are generally available for international students. Most times, you can secure up to 100% scholarship from agents. You can contact your agent to find out about a scholarship opportunity.